Marvel to Drop Captain America NFT Statues, Fully-Readable Amazing Spider-Man #1 NFTs – Blockchain Bitcoin News
81 years ago on August 31, 1939, the company Marvel Comics was introduced to the world for the first time and people were presented with a whole universe of superheroes. In celebration of Marvel’s birthday and the firm’s collaboration with Veve Digital Collectibles, “Marvel Month” will conclude with special edition Captain America non-fungible token (NFT) collectibles.
A Lineup of Captain America Statue NFTs
At the end of June, the wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, Marvel Entertainment, announced the company was dipping its toes into the world of non-fungible tokens (NFTs). During the first week of August, Marvel revealed “Marvel Month” and launched Spider-Man NFTs.
The collectible sets included the “Common – Spider-Man,” “Uncommon – Spider-Man,” “Rare – Spider-Man,” “Ultra-Rare – Spider-Man,” and the “Secret-Rare – Spider-Man.” Marvel’s comic book competitor DC Comics has also dropped a lineup of NFTs via the Veve Digital Collectibles application.
The conclusion of “Marvel Month” ends on Tuesday, August 31, and the culmination of the month of Marvel NFTs will end with Captain America. The NFT drop will honor Captain America’s 80th anniversary when he appeared in his debut comic back in 1941. On Tuesday, the Veve app will start the Captain America NFT launch at 8 a.m. (PT). Marvel’s legendary first Avenger NFTs will include:
- Captain America — The First Avenger – Always a soldier at heart, Captain America stands proud and tall as the first Avenger in premium digital format ($40.00).
- Captain America — Charging Into Battle – Ready for action, Captain America runs into battle, armed with his original tri-shield ($50.00).
- Captain America — The Punch – Experience one of the most iconic moments in comic book history in this homage to Steve Rogers’ legendary punch from the cover of Captain America Comics #1 ($100.00).
- Captain America — Animated- Witness – Captain America in animated action as he prepares for battle ($250.00).
- Captain America — Ultimate Animated – This ultra-premium animated collectible contains VFX and SFX of Captain America using his tri-shield as both an offensive and defensive weapon ($400.00).
The Amazing Spider-Man #1 NFT
Marvel is also launching a “fully-readable digital comic” NFT “The Amazing Spider-Man #1,” which will be dropped on Tuesday as well but at 11 a.m. (PT). The comic is well known and one of the most valuable comic books on the planet. Quality Comix says a Mint condition version of Spider-Man’s first comic has 3x in value during the last decade and a “perfect condition CGC NM+ 9.6 copy to sell for over $300,000.”
The Marvel NFTs are powered by Orbis Blockchain Technologies Limited and the Veve Digital Collectibles platform. The Veve app is available via iOS or Android smartphones and the application allows users to hunt and trade NFT collectibles. The Veve application has competitors like the firm like the purpose-built NFT platform Wax.io, which has partnered with firms like Atari, Topps, Funko, Capcom, Street Fighter, Bratz, Robotech, and more.
What do you think about Marvel’s NFT drop on the Veve app? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.